So I don't know about anyone else, but I genuinely hate reading nonfiction books. Don't get me wrong, I can get sucked in to almost anything of pretty much any topic, but it's so much harder when what I'm reading is nonfiction. I enjoy stories and mysteries that are real or based on true stories, but something like textbooks... ugh. I'm in a class called Just War Tradition which studies, you guessed it, the just war tradition through the years. It started out really interesting, how the ancient Greeks viewed war and its justness and blah blah blah. The only problem with the class is the textbook. It's so much more boring than other textbooks, even of the most mundane topics like Introduction to Public Speaking. It's essentially a compilation of primary texts of historic authors with little introductory blurps from the authors. IT'S SO BORING.
I'm sorry, I just couldn't contain myself anymore, hence this rant. I'll be done for now. Look for a video on my YouTube channel which of course I will post here and on my tumblr... Something's stirring! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment