So this evening after I got off work I decided I would watch a couple of movies before I edited and uploaded my video. I'm not sure why, I just didn't feel particularly motivated to relearn how to edit a video using new software.
While looking over the list of movies that I have yet to see and intend to eventually watch, I decided I would re-watch a movie that made me ball the first time I saw it. Perks of Being a Wallflower hit way too close to home the first go round and I told myself I would never ever watch it again but I couldn't bring myself not to watch it tonight. Maybe I'm just in one of those moods, ya know, where you can't think positively so you just wallow in all your self pity and force yourself to go through stupid painful things over and over again... or does no one else in the world do that?
Anyways, while watching this movie, I had a sort of revelation. During my time in high school and as a PSEO student, I've changed my mind about what I wanted to do with my life so very many times but I always come back to one thing. It had never occurred to me before just exactly why I wanted to become a teacher. Sure, I grasp new concepts quickly and can communicate to others what I'm trying to say well, but what I never thought about before is how big of an impact teachers have on kids. They could be the one person that a student feels comfortable going to about anything or nothing. They spend every day with kids and watch them learn and grow and become who they're meant to be. They give their lives to teach the future leaders of our world. They inspire the young and spark a fuse that will send them into their so very bright futures. Sure, they may not make very much money and it may seem like a petty job, but without teachers, the kids of our world would be lost. They would have no exposure to the past, the present, the beautiful, the unknown. Teachers help the future stars get their wings and the courage to take that first step into becoming themselves.
Maybe I do have a purpose after all. Maybe.
No comments:
Post a Comment