Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 25, 2013

The Unknown

You know the song "Whole Lotta Lovin'" by Led Zeppelin? Well I recently learned something about that song that may have cast a dark shadow over a song I previous really enjoyed.

My older brother used to have night terrors when he was just little and would point to things in his room that no one else could see. Everyone just assumed it was our deceased uncle visiting him, but wouldn't a loving uncle be sweet and gentle? It's certainly a more comforting thought to think a family member is visiting a child versus an unknown entity haunting a child.

Luckily, he grew out of it and as far as I know, he doesn't even remember it. Regardless, does it bother no one else that a child, safe in his crib, can awaken screaming in terror from something no one can see. There is no help that can be offered to a child going through something like this.

But what does all of this have to do with a song by Led Zeppelin? Well, my brother once commented on certain part of this song saying "It sounds like a nightmare, Dad." Now, the only thing I can imagine while listening to that song is my sweet brother, standing in his crib, crying and screaming frozen in terror. Part of me wishes whatever haunted him was my uncle, but I just don't know if that's the case, and if it's not, then I have no desire knowing what it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment