Total Pageviews

Monday, June 3, 2013

Milestones

Milestones are a big part of every person's life. Well obviously, right, that's why they're called milestones. But they vary in importance to each person. Some may think a birthday is no big deal while others think it's beyond the best day of the year. The same goes for every other big thing that happens in a person's life. Graduation. College. First Significant Other. Marriage. Elopement. Engagement. First Public Speech. First Real Job. First Best Friend Forever. First Born. First Sibling. All of these things count as milestones, among countless others. But why am I writing about milestones? We all know what they are and most people don't care about other people's milestones. Regardless of that, however, I have decided to document the milestone in my life today.

Today is my one year anniversary with my amazing boyfriend. And by the way, this is your warning that the ooey gooey mushy lovey dovey stuff is about to begin.

We started out as those awkward kids who have friends and get along but never really speak about feelings. We hung out more and more as the school year last year progressed and low and behold developed feelings for each other. After quite the cruel 11:11 wish, he finally figured out that I liked him and even if he couldn't believe it, he actually asked me out. Whew! It's a miracle!

After that, the rest is history. I can trust him more than family and know that he will never hurt me. He knows me better than I know myself I think. He knows exactly how to brighten my moods and make me giggle. He creates a safe place and will forever be my "Face to Call Home." I don't know what I would do without him and it's just crazy to think a year has gone by. It seems like just yesterday we were sitting by the sanctuary chasing ducks and awkwardly tweeting. 

He's my best friend, my love, and I can't imagine my life without him. Thanks for a wonderful year, and here's to many more to come. I love you sweetheart.  

No comments:

Post a Comment