In my mini bio thingy, I wrote I would blog about the books I was reading at the time and well since I've been super bad at blogging consistently, I'll just tell you about the books I have read thus far this summer.
Untouchable: A young child who is bullied and a widower who works in an overnight cleaning business. He cleans up after someone dies and becomes so disconnected from the world that he started to believe the lie he told himself about how his wife died. The boy becomes attached to a house that recently had a fire and ends up spending most of the time he has while his dad is at work there instead of sleeping. Throughout reading, you start to feel so sorry for what this little family had to go through until the resolution at the end which I refuse to give away.
Edith: Not my best pick but I read it through anyways since it was only about 80 pages long. It was basically about this woman who normally has major issues with men because she's very tom-boyish and slightly BA. Her guy friend of forever sets her up and she falls head over heels in love with him. The end. Yeah... Argh
Jailbird: As lame as the title sounds, the book is actually very good. It's about an escaped convict who falls in love with a small-town lawyer. Scandalous, right? Anyways, she was wrongly convicted and only guilty of being raped and self defense. She ends up on the run to save her life and the life of the daughter she had to give up in prison who was raised by her brother. It's rather suspenseful and definitely a must read.
Fifty Shades of Grey: Yes, I read it. I had to just because of all of the hype surrounding it. The story line was amazing in all honesty and I devoured the book. It was, however, a sex novel and that part was... interesting to say the least. The worse part was that I was reading while visiting my dad and grandparents and my grandma really wanted to read it after me.... Yeah, that was awkward. I managed to finish it just as we were dropping them off at the airport so I didn't have to have a discussion with her about it but it was still weird. I haven't read the rest of the series and probably won't because the ending pissed me off but all in all it was a good book.
Rescuing Hope: The book is about human trafficking and is based on a compilation of true stories that girls go through every day. It's based in Atlanta, GA, and the main character is a fourteen year old who is lured into this horrible life. At first she doesn't even realize what she's gotten into but before you know it, she is nowhere near herself. She gets a new name, new hair, new makeup, and a new attitude just to make it through each day. An organization to stop human trafficking was holding an event in a park not far away from where Hope was staying and by some miracle, she found herself there and was suddenly made aware that she had lost herself. Definitely a must read but it's very hard because it's so realistic. My dad couldn't get through it, especially since he has a teenage daughter.
No comments:
Post a Comment