So all summer I've been working my butt off basically. To elaborate, I lifeguard at the local pool, teach swimming lessons, and work at Godfather's pizza. Essentially this means I have absolutely no social life and since my boyfriend works Monday through Thursday from 2 pm till 12:30 am I never get to see him either. It's definitely been interesting but I'm making the best of it and get to laugh at all the things I hear around the pools.
Yesterday, I was deck guarding for a preschool class. I was watching my friend teach these 3-5 year olds how to swim and a couple of them just would not listen. It's completely understandable for 4 year old boys not to listen but we try anyways. As Kim was working with one of the girls in the glass I hear the mom of one of the non-listening boys talking. "Trayton, if you don't listen, we're not going to the library."
I'm sorry, what? That's incredible! Going to the library means I have to focus and get stuff done and I avoid that place like the plague sometimes. I wish going to the library was a privilege or a reward.
I just thought that was cool enough to share with the interwebs. I certainly hope my kids are like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment